Why Should I Become A REALTOR®?
There are many reasons why you should become a REALTOR®:
- You choose to become a member of the REALTOR® thus receiving
- As a member of East Mississippi REALTORS® (EMR) you will have the following opportunities:
- New Member Orientation – this will teach you about our MLS system and how the EMR works;
- Monthly General Membership Meetings – attendance at these meetings will give you a means to network not only with other REALTORS® but with the Affiliates of EMR who can be of value to you, your seller, and your buyer.
- You will have a voice in how EMR is run, the members of the EMR Board are elected annually by the membership
- Each REALTOR® is assigned a 9-digit number by the National Association of REALTORS®, this is referred to as your NRDS number (pronounced “nerds”). The NRDS number gives each REALTOR® access to the password-protected portion of the Central Mississippi REALTORS®, Mississippi Association of REALTORS®, and the National Association of REALTORS®’ websites. These “members only” sections of the websites allow REALTORS® to register for events, and receive discounts on event registration, access business tools, pay bills, and more.
- Utilization of the REALTOR® brand - REALTOR® is a registered trademark of the National Association of REALTORS® and can only be used by members of the National Association of REALTORS®. Use of the REALTOR® trademark by anyone who is not a member is a violation of copyright law.
- Code of Ethics - REALTORS® have a strict Code of Ethics which requires them to meet a higher standard of conduct than the conduct required by real estate law.
- As a REALTORS® you will also have access to:
- REALTORS® limited major medical insurance
- The REALTORS® license plate – this plate has the REALTORS® trademark on it with a donation going to housing opportunity foundations
- Discounts are available through the Mississippi Association of Realtors and National Association of Realtors for many items.
- Three for One – Joining East Mississippi REALTORS® entitles you to also join the Mississippi Association of REALTORS® and the National Association of REALTORS®. Each of these Associations offer many benefits to their membership, including publications, conferences, education and other events during the year.
- As a REALTOR® you can become a member of RPAC (REALTORS® Political Action Committee) giving you a voice not only in the election of local, state, and national officials. Through RPAC REALTORS® also have a voice when it comes to legislative issues which would affect REALTORS® on local, state, and national levels.
- As a member of the Mississippi Association of REALTORS® their library of over 30 standard real estate forms and contracts will be available to you, as well as the ability to access those forms and complete them with the interactive software Zipforms.
- Earn Professional REALTOR® designations that will set you apart from your competitors. There are dozens of designations that are awarded to REALTORS®, including GRI (Graduate
REALTORS® Institute), ABR (Accredited Buyer Representative), CRS (Certified Residential Specialist) and many more.
So, why NOT become a REALTOR®?